Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sotheby's Talk from January 18th

I am back from my five day vacation.  That was way too short!  We went to the Alps to meet the other robot family who has temporarily moved to Berlin for work.  He was my assistant coach and the children were key on the team.  We got our 'robot' talk out of the way in the first hour and then got busy on enjoying a ski vacation together.  The best part about going to the Alps was the limited internet access!  Unplugging is very good for the soul.   Skiing in the Alps has been a lifelong dream of my husband's - the only reason we learned to ski.  Last year we had to cancel our trip with this family because of my father-in-law's stroke; so I was glad we could make an abbreviated one this year to make up for it.

Just before I left, I had almost finished this video for everyone.  I recorded my lecture at Sotheby's in January and made it into a YouTube video to share for those who weren't there.  My lecture/demonstration at the MET in December will be coming online in about a month as part of a reorganization of the MET website - and I will post that as well then. 

So enjoy the lecture - it is about 18 minutes long and as there is audio, you won't want to listen to it at work!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the video. Awesome watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous! Thank you for sharing your work and the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing! It is wonderful to learn more about these special pieces from a far!

    ReplyDelete