Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Knitting Coach

I know you were thinking that I was picking up knitting - nope, haven't done that yet!  But I just might, I was just watching the Olympics and a brief aside was done on the Finnish Men's snowboarding team with the coach at the top of the hill, actively knitting while standing and waiting for his team to take down the hill!

Seems it is a 'thing' with the Finnish team coach, something he started at an earlier olympic games and it became something where team members added to the scarf and then passed it on to the summer olympics team later.

Sounds hilarious and wonderful!  As someone who often sits and bites my nails watching the competitions, it is too difficult to stitch with my safety glasses on.  But I certainly could see myself learning to knit!

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment