Friday, November 18, 2016

It Has Been Busy Around Here!

Thank you to everyone who has been enjoying the deals of the threads, ribbons and the like.  It is really helping my workroom and storage to become more manageable.  There will be one more massive batch for Thanksgiving Black Friday (I think) as I have been dragging out the last of the bins and taking pictures, getting ready to load it all up.

I also have a great set of Christmas giveaways to put up as well!  So keep checking into the blog in December.

I am looking forward to Christmas at the moment (except that I haven't even thought of gifts) as it should be a short break from robots and competitions and other things that keep me from my regular business.  In the last two weeks:

- I have given two talks of my own at STEM education conferences inspiring girls
- Taken the teams to Boston to work with our 'sister' team we got started
- had the kids here three days during the week because they had days off
- taken them to the airport to give their research presentation to Massport (more on that after the season!)
- driven my kid to colleges to tour/talk to profs
- had them there from Friday at 3pm to Saturday at 9pm nonstop...

And I have packed up almost all the deals as well as packed the Stumpwork kit.  Pretty crazy.  So when the Boston Globe reporter that did the recent article asked to come see the caskets today - it was like "why not, it can't be crazier..."

It is competition season and so the kids (who just left tonight) will be here all weekend and we have a scrimmage on Sunday.  It will be a few more days until I can even think about a turkey.

Oh, and did I say that my house is under renovation again?  The entire outside is under construction to be ready for painting in April (I had paint custom mixed - color #4611 - you should have seen the paint guy's face when I said that was what I wanted to paint my house and plopped a tube of silk on the counter).  Not a small project.  The house needs new shingles, new outside stairs (rot), new deck (rot), trim and just yesterday I learned part of the slate roof is rotten under it on one face.  Kinda explains why my workroom leaked two weeks ago (again more reasons I am moving stuff out - I need to make things more safe) even after all the repairs from the massive ice damns a year ago.  So a new roof is starting next week.  So if you think about that - all day long the house is being banged and nailed and it is generally so loud you can't think.  The guys have been working outside my 3rd floor workroom window all week.  Love them (This Old House guys) but boy I could do with a bit of quiet time soon.

So if I don't get your box off super fast or respond to an email quickly...I am working on it and apologize!

And now I am off to soak in a quiet bath.  :-)

Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment